Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Second Week
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Nicholas Allan Davis <ndavis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
This week has been another great week in France. Postage to send letters home from here is only 0.95 euros so I'll be doing that today too. The food is wonderful here. They don't really have anything you just microwave... in fact the once or twice I used ours it's so old I feel like I got some kind of radiation from it. But because of that food is wonderful here. I actually had a fun experience with food this week, we went to that guy I can't understand with two teeth and he starts us off with frois gras (I'm not sure how to spell it) which looks like cat food but it was good, he then brings out a stew that had only carrots and peas in a broth but still really good, then he pulls out a whole chicken and starts getting out the big bones in the center and basically cutting it in half. He then proceeds to set it in front of my companion and I and says somehing along the lines of "Eat up. I can't eat this because I only have two teeth so you're eating all of it." So we each ate half a chicken to ourselves. Try that sometime and let me know what you're feeling afterwards. It tasted good though. I also had a homemade lemon merangue pie at a different member's house which blows any lemon merangue pie bought in a store out of the water and into the blackness of space. I'm going to try to get a recipe. We haven't taught any non-members sadly but we're searching. It's a small city and it's pretty much all been tracted. It's funny, one thing I was disappointed about was that I probably wouldn't be going many places by bike and come to find out, my first area has bikes. We're going to use them to get farther and farther out once the weather gets a little better which will be very soon. The members are taking good care of us though so you have no need to worry. Just make sure to keep feeding the missionaries there in Eugene. Oh! The name of that peanut butter like graham crackers is Speculos. They won't have it in stores so I think you'll have to check online but it's worth it. This week we did a primary activity and it was tons of fun. The kids here are adorable but it's exactly how I remember primary but now from the perspective of the adults. The girls are very helpful and the boys mess around and think you can't feel when they stick tape on your back and laugh histarically. It was fun though. We made boxes for their bibles and triple combonations out of cereal boxes and stuck pictures on that. It was fun. I'm going to fix my bank account online now but I don't really understand how you're cosigned on it yet you can't do anything. Well let me know any other questions you have for next week. I love you.
-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment