Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week Three I Think?
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Nicholas Allan Davis <ndavis@myldsmail.net> wrote:
France is still going great and I absolutely love it here. I've been riding a lot of trains for zone conferences and whatnot this week because of that and then to make things interesting for us to plan around the people running the trains went on strike while we were all trying to get to Bordeaux. It all worked out though so we were safe and Zone Conference was good. Sister Roney had all the bleus (the French form of greenies) and read about them from the things their parents sent about them...thanks Mommy. ;) It just so happened that a couple mornings before that I took out all my Rubik's cubes and so when that came up he made sure to let them know that I "brought like twenty rubik's cubes with him." But they all loved some of the stuff and luckily she only mentioned that she had some funny stories and didn't read them all out. I then had an exchange with the zone leaders and the assistants which is pretty rare I hear and it was really cool to see some people that die soon work with all the experience they've been able to gain. I got yelled at for the first time this week. We were walking around and this English man starts yelling at us as though we had kicked his dog or something. It took a little bit for my mind to realize that it was english he was speaking but it was the first I've heard the F word (that I know anyway) in quite a while and it was very strange. It was funny though because he was yelling about how we're American and shouldn't even be there but as he drove away and talked about it we just realized, he's British, this isn't his country any more than it is ours. Granted he doesn't need a visa and we do but he's still out of his country and out of his own language. So we've been laughing about it.Since I got here I've had the craziest moments of déjà vu. I can't think of anythink specific right now but sometimes when we go along a street or meet someone I feel as though I've seen it before. And it's not the occasional little thing but it happens all the time! It's kind of cool and off putting at the same time. It's been raining the last couple days and I didn't realize that I missed the rain. jMy companion is from Western Oregon so when it first started and it was a bit of a sprinkle he started refernecing it and of course I responded with "this isn't rain." Now of course, ten minutes later the windows of heaven open up and it starts pouring out to which I said "now this is rain;" It was really funny. So I've been thinking, you didn't get rid of my unicycle right? You can borrow it out to people or put it in a good place where it's out of the way but I'd appreciate it if it was still there in a couple years. So I've been reading Jesus the Christ and Talmage is crazy. He's referencing these other crazy books like the Apocrafy and the books of Maccabee and stuff and you find yourself wondering, where do you find time to not just read these things but to study them all along the way being an apostle and writing a book. I can't even imagine it. We taught a non-member this week and that was really cool. So now we technically have an investigator. It was pretty exciting. Well I love you all and love hearing all the new things in your lives still. I'll talk to you again next week. 
-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment