Friday, July 5, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer

Date: Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Subject: Last Week of the Transfer



This is the last week of the transfer. On Friday I'll know if I am to stay or if I'm headed somewhere else. This week's been pretty interesting, we played frisbee golf last Monday and that was really fun with my district. I found out that I'm am very good at hitting trees and not the baskets. The day after that we did our district meeting which was super powerful followed by a fun Chinese Buffet. My father here had to do his legality this week too because he's been out for a year. It's really good to see him try to figure it out because that way I can figure out how to do it when my time comes for that. Saturday we did a day of missionary work with the jeunes gens in Perigueux and the missionaries in the district. That was really neat because we helped to change some of their lives I think. Some of them may have had doubts about a mission but we showed them how great it feels. That was really special. And then Sunday I was chosen to give the prayer in priesthood and afterwards one of the members came up to me and told me that when I pray he feels good and that the spirit touches him. That was really special to hear. We then went and knocked some doors most of which had people that told us no. There was an indian girl at one house that had something wrong with her eyes that they just couldn't stand still so it was very hard to talk to her without being distracted. There was also some very old guys that were very nice to us and talked and said things along the lines of I applaude your courage and that we're doing a great thing here but that they're just too old to worry about changing religions. They were very nice to us and they were those kind of people that you just walk away smiling. I love people like that and love being a missionary. About every day it hits me that I'm a missionary in France. This thing that they've talked to me about since I was in Primary and I've been preparing for since then and it's here. After nineteen years of telling everyone I plan to go now I have gone and it is more than I ever expected. More everything, more exhausting, more stressful, more happy, and more satisfying than I ever expected. I work for the most powerful man in the universe here in France and I am watched over because of it. I send you all my love through this email and say that I can't wait to see you soon.
-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment